In the past we took a look at how to win more listings by having an effective listing packet. Today, let’s look at how you can offer the highest level of service to your home buyers with a professional buyer’s packet.
Properly educating your real estate clients about the process of buying a home can help your transaction go more smoothly and will make sure your client will pass your name along to all of their friends and family in the future. With all the information on the internet, some agents just assume their clients know what they need to know, but I repeatedly hear about unpleasant situations agents get themselves into with their clients that could typically be avoided by setting expectations upfront and educating the home buyer.
So what should be in an effective buyers packet? Here’s is a list of documents you could provide;
- An color graphical cover page
- A list of what they should expect from their REALTOR®
- A list of reasons why you are the best REALTOR® for their needs
- A list of commitments from you to your buyers of what they can expect from your services
- An explanation of agency (sellers agency, buyer agency, and transaction brokerage)
- The advantage of working with a buyer’s agent
- Information on the pre-approval process
- An overview of what they should expect though the process (the home search, writing an offer, earnest money, negotiations, inspections and appraisals, title work, the closing process)
- Common buyer mistakes
- A map of the area (if they are moving from out of town)
- A blank copy of a real estate contract
- Testimonials from happy clients
- A glossary of real estate terms
Lucky you! I did some of the hard work for you! Here are some links to a few real estate buyer packets I found online;
- Packet #1 (a bit cartoonish for my taste, but great content)
- Packet #2 (good information, but this may be too wordy)
- Packet #3 (simple and easy to recreate, I really like the “pledge of performance”)
Tell us what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments